Property and Liability Senior Claims Adjuster
The Municipal Association of South Carolina is accepting resumes for the position of senior claims adjuster for the property and liability insurance program. Occasional in-state travel is required.
Job Duties: adjudicates property and liability claims in accordance with all applicable state laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree or education and training equivalent to four years of education in business administration, public administration, risk management or a closely related field
- Seven years of progressive experience in property and liability insurance claims adjudication
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and a valid SC Claims Adjuster license. AIC designation is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the insurance industry, claims, and the insurance legal and regulatory environment
- Above average interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills as well as written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to investigate and negotiate fair and equitable claims settlements
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in maintaining complex electronic files and records in an online document management system
- Strong awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Public sector knowledge/experience is preferred
Pay info: Competitive salary (based on qualifications) and excellent benefits package including SC State Retirement and wellness program
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to Summer Randall at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail Human Resources, PO Box 12109, Columbia, SC 29211. For more information about the Municipal Association of South Carolina, visit us online at www.masc.sc.
Deadline: Until filled
The Municipal Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.