Successful completion of the Education Program satisfies the education requirements needed for the Certified Government Chief Information Officer designation.
Candidates must also meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- An associate's degree from an accredited institution
- Current local government employee experience
- At least three years of primary technology-oriented government employment during the last 10 years, with at least one year of managerial experience
- Active member of Government Management Information Sciences
- Accept and observe the GMIS Professional Code of Ethics.